Nekodra K.D. LaCroix's Stories & Art Blog

"Our Milky Way Galaxy is but an atom of dust in an endless mansion, that in all of existence, has never been dusted." -Nekodra K.D. LaCroix


Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Edit -Reread- Progress

Forward,


I plan to go through and double check for any errors in past posts (I know they are there and its bugging me >.< ). Just fyi, in case you care. I also plan to revert the WOTDS Guide and the Rambling Guide to drafts till I update them, I haven't posted a Short Story that wasn't a WOTDS in a while and I should double check, but that should be updated and fine. But the WOTDS and Rambling, they are missing so many recent posts. ^_^; In case you wonder where they went, when they disappear for a while. Since the WOTDS will be down, here is a link to the post that has the intro and information on what the WOTDS is.


I may or may not post that often for a while, because I have and will be working more on those hope to be 'novel' stories, and an idea for a short story collection. (Yay for a burst of inspiration) Since I am working on other stories, (Ones I don't want to post here, because I hope to publish them.) I don't feel guilty about not doing any WOTDS, because the WOTDS is an exercise I use to make sure I write something every most days. So when I actually work on my 'novels' and get a good amount done, I don't need to do the WOTDS.


I just wanted to make sure you knew that. I am not abandoning my blog, just a possible hiatus with unknown amount of time, though I doubt it will last long (inspiration is fleeting sometimes). I will probably do a WOTDS at some point again regardless of how much I work on other stories, just so I can make a post. I enjoy my blog. I just want to do some updates, edits, and making a nice little leap of progress on my 'Novels'. That and I plan to dive into those writing tip books and really study them, because also when I read writing tips, it gives me great confidence and with confidence my muse talks to me and I can hear him clearly. Plus I haven't been reading much lately and that doesn't sit well with me, I have slacked off, been playing games, watching tv, reading fanfictions... I love reading and I love books, so why haven't I been reading lately? Tsk tsk self. I should read some published works and perhaps re-read one I have already read, just to more study then read for fun, though reading is almost always fun.


Also in case you didn't see, I have created an email address for the purpose of my blog. 

Nekodra-Blog@hotmail.com

I noticed that there is not a reply option for when someone leaves a comment, that bothers me. I like to say 'Thank you' or in the case of yesterdays comment, I would like to say 'Yes, please tell me more.' She has a blog here, so I was a able to contact her, but what if it had been anonymous? I could have said something in my next post, but what if they don't look at that post? So if you want to talk, or want a reply to your comment, then please, either email me your email afterwards you post it; or also if you want to say something but you don't want it public then send a email. I have an iphone that is always with me, so I check my email throughout the day. So even if I am not being active on my blog for a little while, you can still email me. ^_^ Anytime, and you will likely get a semi-quick response, depends on the day. 




January 11th 2012
WOTDS

Kudos- Fame and renown resulting from an act or achievement; Prestige.
Expostulate- To reason earnestly with someone against something that person intends to do or has done.
Olua (Hawaiian)- You (two people)
Aetas (Latin)- Period of life, age, time
Crionna (Irish)- Wise


“Kudos to myself.” Natalie grinned brightly with a bounce in her step.
Maybe, but it could have been better.
She glared, which was to herself and not the tree that stood several feet before her. “Yeah, but it was still a good job, it still worked.” she argued as she walked towards the long willow branches and the cozy patch of grass in front of the tree.
But you could have put more effort into it, you could have done so much better.
“There was no need to.” She reasoned.
You just didn't want to spend the Aetas.
“Hmm, maybe Viix is right, we should lay off the daily words.”
Or finish studying that beginners Latin book, and speak in full sentences instead of just random words. You have wanted to learn Latin for years, don't stop at just learning random words, and learn more. There is no excuse, if you want to do it, then just do it.
“Stop acting so wise and all knowing.”
Stop half-assing and acting dumb. If you keep saying you stupid and you will actually become stupid.
“Touche'.” She plopped down with her back against the tree. “I mean to-” She cut herself off.
You just forget, space. But in times like this, when you remember, just do it then. Bit by bit, at least a few pages, at least a few minutes. We are not doing anything right now other then sitting, perfect time to pull out that book and read.
“Actually, now is a perfect time.”
Told you
Shaking her head at herself, she pulled a blanket from her puffed out and light as a feather duffel bag, folding it, she placed it at the base of the tree and slouched down into a comfortable position. Pulling out another, she flipped it out and guided it down over her legs. Kicking off her boots, and struggling to pull her socks off with her toes, then pulled the book out from her other smaller and heavier bag she settled in to study.

(end)

Page of other WOTDS
Page of other Short Stories
Afterword:

Alright, enough chit-chat on to my 'novels', reading, editing, progress, etc. So here are the side notes and have a wonderful day:


--Follow me on Twitter, because I will tweet every time I post on my blog and I will post a link. Nekodra's Twitter and remember Sharing is Caring, re-tweet to your friends if they might enjoy this. 

--If you have never seen Psych, and you love comedies or crime shows, I highly recommend it! Currently on a mid-season break and will return on Leap year, Feb. 29th 2012. So excited here is a Link to a trailer for the second half of season 6. Seasons 1-5 are on Netflix. Also, YAY officially confirmed for a 7th season!

--Also if you have never seen Red Dwarf it’s a great British Sci-fi comedy, and a new season after many years will air September 2012 for Red Dwarf X. So excited they are currently filming, can’t wait! Seasons 1-9 on Netflix.

-- Please remember feedback, I can’t grow as a writer from silence.
Any tips, suggestions, would be loved. 
You can also email me at Nekodra-blog@hotmail.com

--Also remember unless stated otherwise, these stories and drawings belong to me, I wrote/drew them, please respect that.

~Nekodra K.D. LaCroix


No comments:

Post a Comment