Nekodra K.D. LaCroix's Stories & Art Blog

"Our Milky Way Galaxy is but an atom of dust in an endless mansion, that in all of existence, has never been dusted." -Nekodra K.D. LaCroix


Thursday, December 15, 2011

WOTDS whaa?

Forward 


So I had originally planed to talk and do my review about Psych's fall finale, but I had a really bad day today, and I am literally shaking from stress and as much as I love Psych to death, I don't have the excitement to talk about last nights "Lovers Retreat" episode like I want to talk about it. I hope that makes sense like I want it to. I love last nights episode, I loved how much Henry there was, the whole half with Gus, Lassie, and Henry was amazing; and I wouldn't be doing it justice if I talked about it right now because it wouldn't be filled with the happiness it should be. So I will try in a few days, once this inital stress shock calms down and I stop shaking so bad or bursting into to tears. So yeah...*deep breath* 

So after reading a collection of short fanfics last night by someone who is doing Psych short stories based of the Word of the Day, I realized that is a great idea, and a great way to get a prompt to start a story. So with my own little twist, I am doing what I dubbed, WOTDS, Words of the Day Stories. Which I made made a page devoted to that, sorta. I suggest popping over to it really quickly- no, I won't make you do that, I will umm-- I will make this post a little longer with the explanation about it, and Nekodra's quip of a bio, but after this post, I will have to refer people to that page, if they want to get a dose of Nekodra before reading the short story, just so you understand her and such, ya know? 


-Here is a quick look at the WOTDS Page-  



WOTDS – Words of the Day Stories
So on Fanfiction.net many people are doing a collection of short stories based of the word of the day, and I though perfect, I need to write more and I haven’t had many ideas so, lets get the creative juices flowing and using that to get ideas to come to mind and its amazing how well having something like a word to jolt an idea into the mind. Most of these stories are going to involve my Oc Nekodra in some way, so here are some pictures of her and here is a short quip of her Bio. I figure I can double dip and also use these to practice and flush out writing about Nekodra more, because she belongs to my series titled Dreaming Reality, that I want to write and has been bouncing about in my head for 6 years, but I can’t seem to just sit down and write, so maybe this will help, not all of these are going to be canon to my world Dreaming Reality, but some might become part of it, depending how much I like it. So sort of take these with a grain of salt, ya know?
Side note: I have an app on my iPhone for words of the day, that has English and a few other languages, and like urban word of the day and such, basically a collection of like 10 words of the day, so I will pick about 4-6 for each story, depending on which I can get to mash together, so I have put my own little spin of short stories using words of the day, instead of word of the day. ^_^


Nekodra Kisuchi Dracula LaCroix’s – Quip of a bio:
Nicknames: ‘Kodra
Earth Given Name: Natalie A. Bennett
Age: Technically 26
Eyes: Arctic Ice blue
Hair: Bangs are dyed all black, the back is naturally red that fades to black
Skin: Pale                         
Height: 4’10”ft
Species: Cat demon turned Vampire
Married to: Captain Viix Vladkin Ivan Dracula
Sexual Preference: Personalities/Vampires, ‘Its matters not what someone looks like or what they are, but their personalities, their soul, and if you love them; but I will admit if you are a Vampire and I can see your fangs, I will jump you. Just saying, I may value personality above all when it comes to love, but everyone has their fetishes.” -Nekodra
Loves: Vampires, Vampire Kisses, Storms, People who make her laugh, Lemons, October/December, Space, Traveling, Jellyfish
Fandom <3's: Count Vladislaus Dracula, Anakin Skywalker, Victor Von Doom (movies), Prof. Severus Snape, 10th Doctor, Commander William Riker, ‘Psychic’ Detective Shawn Spencer, Head Detective Carlton Lassiter (note: She tends to image those not Vampires that they are Vampires. >.>)
Fandom crushes: Arnold J. Rimmer, Juliet O’Hara, Magenta, Captain Jack Harkness, and many more that she wouldn’t mind jumping and at least getting a good snog from.
Enjoys: Meditation, Tea, Drawing, Dreaming, Reading, Video games, Movies/shows, Writing, Observing, technology, playing cards, tasty food, and training
Dislikes: Sun, waking up, spiders, close-minded people, complete egotistical asshole pigs
Weapons of choice: Batchette (the name of her machete) & Fire
Dream: To Travel the Universe & also would love to meet her fandom <3's or just to meet new people. She also wishes to know what it would be like to have father, and she took a shine to Lucien LaCroix, and has recently taking a shine to Henry Spencer; she believes both to be the ideal father and wants to be adopted by them, even though she is an adult and doesn’t need parents, but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t want a father.
Favorite color: Iridescent blue is #1, but loves all colors but yellow and brown.
Favorite Flower: Passion Flower
Also: probably 87% Insane

‘Nekodra’ was in a coma from birth till about the age of 16, and at some point was then was turned into a Vampire by her husband Captain Viix Vladkin Ivan Dracula. Nekodra was in a coma, because her soul was suppose to go to that body, but because of someone cursing her in a past life, was forced to be trapped in a mortal body on earth, and in 8th grade she accidently connected to the body her soul was suppose to go to and is now able to switch into it when she sleeps.
She possesses the elements of Fire and lightening. Lightening comes from her mother and fire from her father; she has never met them, and assumes them dead. But, she can really only use fire, which she is outstanding with it, and never uses lightening. Sometimes when she is really angry it appears as though her fire sparks, but that is the extent of her lightening uses.
Because she has an abnormal abundance of energy, and can't use it efficiently, those who can see energy will see the bubble like drops of energy falling of her all the time. She has tried to control that, but hasn’t had any success. But she can manipulate her energy into solid objects, and this is how she gets her cloths, her Batchette, and most any other object she has. She can also act as a battery for others. She often refers to herself as “The Human Copy-machine”, “The human Battery” Or “The human Bon-Fire” even though she is a vampire, but human sounds better when you say it, and technically she has been human a lot longer then a Vampire. 
She is determined to travel to any and all worlds/parallel realms/planets etc. she can get her hands on, and she is also determined to find the pockets of universe that holds those she wishes to meet, because she believes everything/everyone that does exist, has not yet existed, and will never exist, are somewhere in this vast universe, thus when someone creates a book/movie/game/etc it creates a another world, like how parallel realms work, for every possible choice that is made/never made/can be made, plays out somewhere in the universe; and so she will find them, just to have seen and talked to a few people she wishes to meet and just to experience anything/everything she can, see as many strange worlds she can step onto.
Personal Quotes:
"Our Milky Way Galaxy is but an atom of dust in an endless mansion that in all of existence has never been dusted."
"Ponder for a moment that if your mind is closed, your eyes will follow. If your mind is open so will your eyes & you’ll see the wonders the universe has to offer.” 

-There you go, a decent taste of Nekodra that way I can focus on the short story idea, instead of worrying about explaining about Nekodra and such, make sense? 

-And here is a Link to WOTDS Page if you also want to see the pictures of Nekodra-
Okay, on to the WOTDS for today, and sorry I am a bit frazzled to I haven't worked on "To Hell with it." I will, don't worry, but part two will not be posted today. Please don't hate me for it, I had a hard day and I am surprised I managed to write a short story at all.

WOTDS December 15, 2011
Conversazione - A meeting for conversation especially about art, literature, or science.
Libero (Italian) – Free
Schmollen (German) – to pout
Rationale – An underlying reason or explanation
Kosher – Proper, genuine, permissionible.


Converzone, what?

Nekodra bounced back and forth from foot to foot, she was excited, someone wanted to talk to her about one of her paintings, what was the word the lady has used, she paused on one foot brows furrowing in concentration. “Conversazione, she wanted to have a conversazione with me.” She recalled and grinned at herself and went back to bouncing. “What a strange word, why not just say I want to have a meeting with you about your art?” She thought back to the picture the lady, Ms. Marshina, wanted to speak to her about, the one entitled ‘The Fires so Libero’. It was the abstract image of reds, oranges, and yellows, that looked at a distance like fire, but when close enough it took the image of a bird fleeing from a cage. She was proud of that one, it was fun to draw and she had just intend it to be a fiery image, because fire is so pretty and she needed to practice drawing it more, because normally it turned out a little wonky, but part way through the shape of a bird shouted out at her, so she had run with the idea and added the cage in as an after thought. The title just sort of popped into her head when she looked at the finished image and loved it.
“ ’Kodra-love, calm down and stand still.” Viix, looked down at his wife out of the corner of his eyes, chuckling in amusement. He could feel and practically see her energies which seemed to pop and crackle with excitement. Always so energetic, literally, well most of the time, sometimes she was oddly still, though that is really only if she is meditating or pondering about something, which is always astounded him on just how easily she could meditate when she is such a bundle of energetic and easily distracted by everything any other time.
She paused again on one foot, but let the other connect with the ground again, and she looked at him with a slightly tilted head, and pouted slightly in no way serious about it, as she broke into a grin seconds later, “But, I can’t just sit still, I don’t want to sit still, I want to go do something and plus she is late, what if she lied, maybe she didn’t actually want to-“ She paused, What was that word again?...Oh yeah. “Have a Converzone with me after all.” Her rationale was always one that lead to people are often nice just to be mean, and she mispronounced that word, partly on purpose and partly because she couldn’t recall how the lady had said it, plus the image that came to mind on how it was spelled, was not spelled correctly, it was spelled how she pronounced it.
“Its Conversazione, and don’t be silly, remember she said she might run late because she had another meeting before this, and that guy, in her words ‘Could never be on time even if time slapped him in the face, and kicked him back in time to try again.’ “ he shook his head at her and her crazy reasoning’s.
Nekodra giggled and bounced a few more times, “Oh yeah, how could I forget, that was so funny when she said that!” She calmed down a bit after that, “Awesome- kosher- she will be here eventually.” She plopped down on a nearby chair, sitting criss-cross and pulled a sketch book that couldn’t have fit from her bag that was strapped her hip, and a Bic black pen and starting sketching while she waited.

A little afterword:
Not sure how well or rightly used kosher was, but I think the rest fell into place just find. By the way, not sure if I mentioned it before but Nekodra’s bag, is much like Hermoines in the last book, just using that as an example that most might know about, Nekodra has had a bag like that since day one of her creation, 7 or 8 years ago, and I have wanted a bag like that sense I was like 6 years old, so I did not steal that from Harry Potter, just FYI. Also, now I want to try and draw that picture, because it looks awesome in my head, I just don’t know if I can actually draw it like I want to, but I have to try.

The Side notes:
 -Follow me on Twitter, because I will tweet every time I post on my blog and I will post a link.  Nekodra's Twitter and remember Sharing is Caring, retweet to your friends if they might enjoy this.
         -Have fun and toss me writing prompt, I would love the practice. I will credit you for tossing the prompt when I post the resulting story.
         -If you have never seen Psych, and you love comedies or crime shows, I highly recommend it! You will laugh so much. Psych Wednesday nights, but currently they are on a mid-season break and will return on Leap year, Feb. 29th 2012
         -Also if you have never seen Red Dwarf it’s a great British Sci-fi comedy, and a new season after many years will air September 2012 for Red Dwarf X.
        - Please remember feedback, I can’t grow as a writer from silence.
        -Also remember unless stated otherwise, these stories and drawings belong to me, I wrote/drew them, please respect that.

                                             ~Nekodra K.D. LaCroix 

No comments:

Post a Comment