Nekodra K.D. LaCroix's Stories & Art Blog

"Our Milky Way Galaxy is but an atom of dust in an endless mansion, that in all of existence, has never been dusted." -Nekodra K.D. LaCroix


Saturday, January 7, 2012

1TB of Love

Forward,

x.x I got sick, that wasn't fun. Then last night I went to bingo with my grandma and cousins, and almost, almost won $180. >.< So close, that would have been more then enough to get the Timmy Tactical Attache from Thinkgeek. The Bag I want It reminds me of Psych, because its Timmy, which makes me think Timothy Omundson. Its a SWAT bag, so police. Attache from the Bounty Hunter episode. Plus, I plan to draw a pineapple on it, along with a TARDIS, and an Ankh. 


Also, finally! The 1TB Flashdrive I have been dreaming about. <3<3<3<3 I WANT it so bad. I have a nerd hard-on right now. <.<; But there wasn't a price tag in the article, but being jobless still, I can't afford it. v.v Its also a swiss army knife, making it -Wait for iiiiit~.......Sweeeeet. I wish I had it right now, also seeing as I need new harddrive, my 500GB only has like 25GB free. I want a Tb harddrive, but seeing as a flashdrive is now possible, I need to find a job so I can buy it, ASAP.


Anyways, enough about things I want that I can't afford right now. 


 Speaking of TARDIS, I never mention the Doctor Who special. I did watch it, and I enjoyed it. I was half asleep at the time, I don't recall why. I wanted to save it on the tivo to watch again, but someone deleted it. Oh well. I will get my hands on it again and watch it so I can remember it better. Did I mention, I haven't been feeling well? I do feel better, but I have had headaches the past few days. BUT, today I am forcing myself to write something. So here it todays WOTDS:




January 7th 2012
WOTDS

Tome- a volume forming part of a larger work. Book; especially: a large or scholarly book.
Cimmerian- Very dark; gloomy; deep
Giu (Italian)- downstairs
Verruckt (German)- Crazy
Pneumatic- of or relating to air, wind, or gases. Spiritural.
Dispiteous- Pitiless; Malicious
Volare (Latin)- To fly, to fly away



Maddi grinned at the view, the wind whipping her long auburn hair wildly behind her, barely contained in a blue ribbon. She felt a rustle in her coat, and looked down as Vinz, poked his head out from the inside pocket. He blinked his large eyes a few times. The small black bat, yawned.

“Are we there yet?” He asked mid-yawn, but Maddi was used to it and just shook her head in responds. At the speed she was flying at, she wasn't going to open her mouth, the last time she did, several fly's and a bee, went down her throat. That stung, no pun intended, but it did.

Vinz carefully pulled himself out of her pocket, down her button up shirt, and gripping the broom handle with his little claws, he looked around at the ground below.

Tree after tree after tree top, glimmered up faintly through a layer of fog.

“There!” Vinz suddenly shouted, poking off the the left.

Maddi turned without thought to where he pointed, a barely visible gap in the trees. A little less then gracefully, her feet touched the ground and she jumped off the broom. With a wave of her hand the broom shrunk, and hopped into her pocket, Vinz was already on her shoulder, eagerly staring at the run down stone building before them.

“Lets go. Lets go!” Vinz cried, growing inpatient.

“Goodness, a few minutes isn't going to kill you. I just want to make sure its safe.” She muttered a few spells under her breath, hands out in front of her. After several minutes, she lowered her hands.

“See, there was a very strong malicious spell on this building. If you had just flown in there, the woul have been a very poionous pneumatic released. “ She looked at the door nervously.

“Pneumatic, that was the word of the day, wasn't it?” Vinz asked with a shake of his head.

Maddie grinned sheepishly, “Maybe.”

“Is it safe now?”

She looked back the door nervously. “It should be.”

“Well, I trust in you abilities. Lets go.”

She took a deep breath and nodded, bracing herself she walked forward and reached out for the door handle. Then jiggled it several times, she mentally face palmed.

“You checked for curses, and you forgot to check the lock didn't you?”

She giggled nervously, “Heh, perhaps.” Taking a step back and with a flick of her wrist, the lock clicked and she grinned. “All is good.” She reached for the handle again.

“Are you sure you got everything?”

“Yup, 98.9%” Before Vinz could say anything more, she through open the door and stepped in, after a moment she let out the breath she was holding. “See, you can keep your trust in me.”

“Maybe if I was crazy.”

Maddie gave him a mock pout, knowing he was joking, then started for the stairs that led downstairs, it was the only option in the small dusty room. Though she couldn't shake the ominous feeling, it was dark and gloomy, and felt forgotten. It make her nervous and she mutter under her breath, a small ball of light hoovered in front of her, bobbing gently up and down as they walked down the steep stone stairs.

“Look, there it is!” Vinz shouted excitedly, leaping of her shoulder and flying the rest of the way, landing next to the tome. “Its here!Its here!Its here!” He bounced, flying up and circling the book a few times and landed again.

“I see it.” Maddi grinned, bouncing down the last few steps, and standing before it. She leaned down, taking a deep breath and blew some of the dust off, which happened to be where Vinz was standing.

“Hey” He coughed, flapping his wings to keep the dust away and back at Maddi.

“Hey, yourself.” She coughed a few times, before returning her attention back to the book. “I can't believe we actually found it.

“I knew you could. Now you can break this curse on me.” He flew up and landed on her shoulder, nuzzling against her head.

“Yup.” She paused looking around, and picked up the book. “I think we should take it back home, I don't trust this place.” She waved a hand over the book, it shrunk and she safely placed it in the inside pocket of her coat.

“Sounds good.”

Back outside, she pulled out her broom, put it back to its rightful size, she muttered “Volare.” and they were off.
(end)

Page of other WOTDS
Page of other Short Stories

Afterword


I admit, I really have to force myself to write, I had the idea easy enough, but writing it down was a different story. There is more to this story and if I can get myself to type it, then I can add it in another post. I also didn't really edit...so Idk if there are errors. Did I mention, I feel very unproductive right now?....But for now, I am going to lay back, play some games and watch tv, cause I feel really buah and lazy. (buah is my meh). 


Have a good night, and I hope I feel more productive soon. I need to work on my cover letter and resume for a job. x.x And I should be working on my stories.



--Follow me on Twitter, because I will tweet every time I post on my blog and I will post a link. Nekodra's Twitter and remember Sharing is Caring, re-tweet to your friends if they might enjoy this.

--If you have never seen Psych, and you love comedies or crime shows, I highly recommend it! Currently on a mid-season break and will return on Leap year, Feb. 29th 2012. So excited here is a Link to a trailer for the second half of season 6. Seasons 1-5 are on Netflix.

--Also if you have never seen Red Dwarf it’s a great British Sci-fi comedy, and a new season after many years will air September 2012 for Red Dwarf X. So excited they are currently filming, can’t wait! Seaons 1-9 on Netflixs.

-- Please remember feedback, I can’t grow as a writer from silence.

--Also remember unless stated otherwise, these stories and drawings belong to me, I wrote/drew them, please respect that.


~Nekodra K.D. LaCroix

No comments:

Post a Comment