Nekodra K.D. LaCroix's Stories & Art Blog

"Our Milky Way Galaxy is but an atom of dust in an endless mansion, that in all of existence, has never been dusted." -Nekodra K.D. LaCroix


Saturday, February 25, 2012

Meltdowns malfunction- Pineapples make it better

Well.... I had another post planed and started before I had computer issues, but its too-- not relevant for my current condition/mood.

So- I haven't worked on Modern Magic Magic for a few days other then, little notes taken, because my power cord stopped working. Which was okay, I knew it needed to be replaced, but since it still sorta worked, why spend the money? Well, I should have, I got the new cord today and I am typing this on my phone, so you can guess how it went.

This will probably be my last post for a while. I had started a story to upload with my next post, because its been a while and I wanted to treat my readers, but my phone somehow lost it. >.< I also really hate using the blogger app on my phone. Also any work done on Modern Day Magic will be written down by hand, and I am not going to count words by hand, so there won't be a word count to update.

So yeah...I don't have a working computer and hell- if I didn't really have the money to spring for a new cord till it was too late, I can't get a new laptop or even get this one fixed. I didn't even buy the cord, my boyfriend did.. And if fixing this is more then $100, well what's the point? I knew it was dying anyways and why put that much into it when I should just get a new one? If I had money that is.

I love my laptop, I do. But it's been having issues for a while. It randomly blue screens, it burns my legs from over heating. The keyboard will randomly stop working, some of the keys barely registered. I can't use it to draw on anymore because something lags or I don't know, but when I draw I can draw a pretty damn straight line, but lately if I try and draw on the computer the line hops and jumps about... The screen doesn't register right anymore... I have had to replace the battery, and now replace the cord twice. Honesty, I am surprised with how it overheats, it hasn't melted itself, or maybe it has...At this point, I think it's time for a new computer. Which I can't do right now until I find a job and save up--

But here's the kicker, most places you can only apply online now, well you sort of need a computer for that, but I can't get a new laptop until I get a job, and I can't get a job without a computer... Hmm I see a problem here. That is unless a place I already applied to calls back.

Sometimes it really does feel like life likes to kick you when you are already down. Buah, is really all I have to say about all of this. I will continue to work on with what I can remember of Modern Day Magic; no worries, it's safe on an external hard drive, I just don't have access to any other computer. So going old school and working on it by hand-- but unless by some awesomeness my
Laptopet suddenly starts working, or a new one drops from the sky, you may not hear from me for a while.

You can still email, phone works fine for that. Nekodra-Blog@Hotmail.com and I am still on Twitter: @Nekodra

So wish me luck in somehow magically getting things to work out. And I hope things are going wonderfully for you, and if you are a new reader, my other posts are in more cheerier moods, I hope you enjoy them.

If you follow me on Twitter: @Nekodra, then you will know as soon as I post, and know if/when I have my computer up and working or I luckily get a new one somehow.

But I must keep positive, I am sure with this bout if bad luck, something good will sneak its way in somehow. I am sure things will work out, I just hope it doesn't take too long. ^_^;;

So on a positive note, warm baths help melt anger and Psych is less then a week away! 4 days! Oscars are tomorrow, that should be fun. Also a new The River is 3 days away. New how I met your mother is 2 days. There are things to look forward to and enjoy.

Only other downside is I am out of Pineapple Orange Banana juice.

-Nekodra K.D. LaCroix

No comments:

Post a Comment