Nekodra K.D. LaCroix's Stories & Art Blog

"Our Milky Way Galaxy is but an atom of dust in an endless mansion, that in all of existence, has never been dusted." -Nekodra K.D. LaCroix


Thursday, February 9, 2012

TARDIS Checkered Traveling

Arch my African Wool Giraffe

Man, I want to go to Africa so bad. I want to travel in general. My big dream is to travel to another planet, but I worry that won't happen in my life time so in the mean time- I just want to travel everywhere and anywhere on Earth that I can.

My dad just recently came home from a two week trip in Africa. He climbed Kilimanjaro and went on a Safari. Which is what I want to do- not climb the mountain, but go on a Safari. Seeing the pictures, now I want to go even more. I am itching to go. Baby Elephants, Giraffes, lion with a fresh kill, the trees. I want to see it all. And I can just image the inspiration for drawing/writing it would give seeing all that in person. Just the pictures alone make me want to write and draw. Which you will see the result below. He brought back some gifts which included an adorable Giraffe made completely of dyed wool. The dyes made all natural with plants, which is awesome. He is so cute! I have named him Arch and he is a rather happy little woolly Giraffe as you can see by his large smile.

Arch's close up
Doodle of Arch by Nekodra
 Little Arch there inspired some doodling. I really like how it turned out the the picture does not do it justice. I need a working scanner again. >.<;

It was so fun to doodle. I just love drawing checkers. I feel really comfortable right now with my current style of checkered pictures I have been doing lately. Love it. There are parts that bother me, like the leg, his ear, but that aside I think it turned out really well.

I also got two awesome metal bracelets. Some really soft comfy wool slippers made by the same lovely ladies who make the wool stuff animals. Awesome wooden key-chain's, some cans of this energy drink called Shark, which was tasty. It tastes like Red bull but with a strawberry twist. The lite version is a little iffy. Has this small hint of cough syrup taste a second after that other tastes fade. Its almost not there, so I can at least finish it. But the original was really good and I kind of wish my dad had gotten a few more, but oh well. The can states is from Austria, which is were Red bull comes from so maybe its also imported, we have Red bull, so maybe I just never noticed Shark before. I will have to keep an eye out for it.

Progress of Doodle by Nekodra
There is talk of my whole family going on a Safari sometime in the nearish future- which is a lot of people. Our Europe group was numbered at 13 people and that is not including the 4 family members who couldn't make it on that trip. And man, I will never forget that trip. Two weeks and getting a taste of Germany, France, Switzerland, and technically I was in Italy too. Oh can't forget Austria, which was so beautiful. I loved Austria and I will go back. I also will be going back to Germany for this awesome town's 1,000 year anniversary. 1,000 years! That's so awesome. I want to go back and spend more time at every place we went, but Geneva. I am good never seeing Geneva again, had a really bad experience there.

But anyways, I hope plans work for that because I really want to go to Africa. If I do get a chance to go- I plan to hopefully bring enough money to buy one of every different wool stuff animal they have. I will also bring a fresh sketch book and take so many pictures.

To the right there is a progression of Arch's Checkered Doodle I did. I am also worked on one of the wool tiger my dad got for my mom. Not sure if I like it as much as Arch, but it came along nicely. Which by the way, Arch was drawn completely with pen, first lightly with BiC and then inked with Uni-ball. Gimp was just used to brighten the badly taken picture with my phone and then watermarked.

I want to share a wonderful blog:
I stumbled across this blog the other day. WordPlay: Helping Writers Become Authors. I have only read a few older post, but the post I found first was- Most Common Mistakes: The Case of the Vanishing Setting Which is wonderful and I suggest taking a peek. Now I have an urge to go work on my story and fix some setting problems I am sure I have. ^_^; I want to do it while that blog post is fresh in my mind.

Modern Day Magic:
Is coming along nicely. I worked on it the other night and the results of what happened made me super happy. I think I can declare Chapter one officially finished aside for minor tweaking and editing that I am sure it needs. Chapter two is nearly that point. Chapter 3 is getting close but I can't quite figure out how I want it to end. Then on to actually writing Chapter 4, which I had ideas noted and I just have to figure out if that is what should come next or if there needs to be anything else. Need to think of a Shenanigan for it, escalate from the pretty minor things of the first few chapters and have some sort of actual problem. Enough fluff and getting to know the characters, its time to jump into the shallow end, enough of this tipping of the toes. Then it will soon be time to drive into the deep end. Get all bloody.

I also need to think of a better name for the eventual slayer character. I am currently calling her Shina. I don't know if I like it and I can't settle on a last name. I really want to use Helsing as a last name because she comes from a family of Vampire hunters, but it doesn't feel right. Helsing is used too much. I don't know what to do?! *throws up hands in frustration* Gah.

But! I have settle on the Queens name! I am so happy and I think it fits. I feel it works. *nods* Shall I say her name? I have told you everyone elses names.

Queen Madori

Yes, I am aware its a drink. It also green, has the word Mad in it. It has a nice ring to it. Queen Madori. Feels right. I feel it really fits.

But what do I do about Shina? Gah. Other that that, again, things are coming along nicely with Modern Day Magic. Now with the Most Common Mistakes: The Case of the Vanishing Setting in mind, I need to go over those first 3 chapters and make sure I am setting the scene right. Already fixed a few things, added a little more to the scene. I see it vividly, but I need to make sure my readers can see it as clearly as I do.

Current word Count from the last few days:

2/03/12- 20,161
2/04/12- 20,967
2/05/12- 21,901
2/06/12- 22,068
2/07/12- 22,778
2/08/12-
23,394
Still pretty distracted by Disgaea

Though I have been thinking- I know I want to self publish this book when I finish it, but there is one thing. What do I do about an editor? I want it professionally edited before I eagerly go to Amazon and set up the whole self publish thing. Does it cost a lot? How do I go about getting editor? I know I am a ways off from that point, but it just crossed my mind that other day and I can't get it out of my head. Where do I even start to look for one? >.<; When I get closer to it, I will actually actively start looking into that, but its still lingering on my mind.

Psych Count Down:



Other Promos Back in February and Psych Auto-tune Promo
Also can't forget the reveal of Psych Season 7 Officially announced 
Lol, I found this while looking for the Superbowl Promo, Psych/White Collar 

Which on the subject of Psych, I just finished the book Psych: Mind of Magic. I enjoyed it. If your a Psych fan, I suggest the books, well at least that one. William Rabkin captures the characters well, its completely Psych as you love it! But it book form. I can't wait to see how the other books are. Last I saw there are 5 in total.

Now I am reading the Doctor Who quick read, Magic of the Angels. Only a 3 chapters in so far, plan to read more later tonight. 11th Doctor is really growing on me, I have already laughed out loud to classic Doctor lines. Once I finish this quick read, I plan to debate which of the other 4 Psych books to read next or which of the 10th Doctor books I have yet to read. So many books I want to read! I also have about 50 samples on my kindle, its so hard to decide which book I want to read next. I also just picked up two sample books for studying, On Writing by Stephen King and 101 Creative Writing Exercises by Melissa Donovan who has the blog Writing Forward. Which reminds me, I haven't read a tip from 101 Writing Tips by Travis Thrasher in a few days. Note to self, at least read a few tonight.

So many books!

Also slightly of topic, but not- its Doctor Who:
I am currently re-watching this years Doctor Who Christmas special and I have have to say, Doctor Who always knows how to pull on my heart. It really does. I don't think any show makes me feel quite like Doctor Who does. I can't describe it other then, swelling love. Makes me chest swell and twist in bursting happiness and sadness at the same time. Amazing that Doctor. Just amazing, and everyone who works to make Doctor Who something I can enjoy. Amazing and Thank you.

Alright here are the side notes and have a wonderful evening:

-- Please Comment, I would love to talk!
Also any tips, suggestions would be loved. 
You can also email me at Nekodra-blog@hotmail.com
-
--Follow me on Twitter. I will tweet every time I post on my blog. Nekodra's Twitter 
-
--If you have never seen Psych and you love comedies or crime shows, I highly recommend it! Currently on a mid-season break and will return on Leap year, Feb. 29th 2012! 20 more days!
So excited here is a Link to a trailer for the second half of season 6. Here is the new promo. I am so excited, can't wait for 2.29.12!
-
-- Please remember, Modern Day Magic belongs to me, thank you.

~Nekodra K.D. LaCroix

No comments:

Post a Comment