Nekodra K.D. LaCroix's Stories & Art Blog

"Our Milky Way Galaxy is but an atom of dust in an endless mansion, that in all of existence, has never been dusted." -Nekodra K.D. LaCroix


Thursday, February 14, 2013

Be My Eternal Valentine


Happy Valentines Day to all! 

To any real vampires out there, Be My Eternal Valentine? lol, actually I already have my eternal love, my boyfriend of 5 1/2 years and I love him so much! I Love you!

I hope you have a love in your life because its so wonderful and if you don't well I hope you find it, or if you don't want to find it- (I don't really know what to say to that, sorry! I hope your happy!)

If you remember my last post, or if you haven't seen it, To Dreams, Guts, & Bucketlist I mention that what I wanted to be when I grew up. I made myself an 'official' bucket list. Which is pretty much on order of most wanted, sorta. As in 1 and 2 are pretty high up on if I could just pick one thing, but that doesn't mean the other 5 are any less important to me.

1. Play a Vampire in a movie/show  
2. Travel to just any and everywhere I get the chance to
3. Go see SNL live (meeting the cast would be an awesome bonus, lol)
4. Never stop dreaming
5. Keep writing and publishing my stories
6. Play an extra in a movie
7. Don't give up


Until I manage to find a vampire role to play in a movie/show I can play Vampire in a self done photo shoot. lol. Actually I have been taking pictures of myself as a vampire to use as stock for covers of my books. I don't know if you notice, but the cover of my book WOVaN: Short Stories - Of Vampires, Pumpkins & Winter's Bite the vampire on the cover is me and the blue background is a picture I drew a while back, called A Present for You.  Only that image where the link takes you has the lyrics to Let is Snow, I used the copy without that for the cover.

I look good in a set of vampire fangs, do I not?

I had some fun the other day taking more photos so that I have a nice range to pick from when I go to make the cover for WOVaN 2 and other books I write. I posted a few of my favorites on my deviant art account and I may post a few more. Here is the link to the folder of Myself as a Vampire. Take a look if you'd like. I will sprinkle a few here in the post and trust me, what I have posted on DA in minuscule to how many photos I have. No way would I consider even posting most of them or even a third, lol, just posting a few favorites. Not all of them turned out that good, but some are gems.

Look into my eyes, let me hypnotize.
Look into my stare, be free without a care.
Let me caress your neck, give you a little peck.
Let me take a drink, bring your life to the brink.
and when all is done, I will have had my fun.
-Nekodra
Valentine's Day
WOTDS

Todays WOTDS word choices mostly come from today's holiday then from words of the day apps. Though a few are.

Valentine’s Day 2013
WOTDS
|311|
Heartstring
The deepest emotions of affections usually used plural.
Desiderare- (Latin) 
To Desire
Heart-  
a hollow muscular organ of vertebrate animals that by its rhythmic contraction acts as a force pump maintaining the circulation of the blood
Valentine-  
a sweetheart chosen or complimented on Valentine's Day
Love
Affection and tenderness felt by lovers

            Her hand snapped out, claws extended to tear flesh and the strength to crush bones with a cringing snap. Blood oozed down her wrist, flesh clung to her hand and fingers as she pulled out the still beating heart. The body dropped to the floor, blood quickly pooling at her feet as her lips widened into a smile, showing off sharp canine teeth far longer than any mortal would ever have.
            “A gift for you, will you be my eternal valentine?” She smiled shyly, holding up the dripping heart to admire and show it off. She brushed back a blood caked brunette curly hair with her other hand, away from her face from the disheveled bun it had originally been in as the sun set earlier that night.
            “You’re so sweet- you know just how to tug on my heartstrings.” He chuckled at his corniness, coming up to hug her from behind. He leaned down to nip at her neck with blood dripping from his lips and fangs. “And you already are.” He held her tight, cheek to cheek and eyes closed in happiness.
            They stood in a pool of blood, several bodies lay dead around the small room. Balloons, streamers of red and pink, little paper hearts and a banner with the words ‘Happy 1st Wedding Anniversary’ hung on the wall behind them. The walls were an abstract painter’s morbid master piece of blood and flesh.
            She blushed and turned in his arms. Her arms still coated in blood, smearing that blood on his white already blood strained shirt as she hugged him close with desire. “I love you.” She whispered into his chest, dropped the heart with a bloody splat.
            “I love you too.” He rested his chin on the top of her head. “Happy Bloody Valentine’s Day.” He added with a menacing laugh to the carnage around them.
The End

Its a bit short and a little horrific, but a fun little vampire horror super short story as a little bloody gift to my readers. Hope you enjoyed. 


--
Lets see, do I have anything else to chat about? I am excited for Psych, Feb 27th and I am also nervous for Henry's safety. I am excited for the laughter and crazy deliciousness that is Psych. But what of Henry? I hope he lives, I really really do. There are two characters in the world of fiction who I believe are wondrous fathers, that is Henry Spence of Psych and Lucien LaCroix of Forever Knight. I don't want to see Henry die, I will cry so hard. But its not my story and so I have no right or say to what happens. But in the world of Psych in my mind, well for starters Henry and Shawn are vampires so I don't have to worry about that at all, at least in one of the worlds in my mind. The other it is only Shawn and if I continue that story Lassiter may join him. Anyways, enough of my personal daydreams... moving on...

I am also excited for Doctor Who, but that is not till March 30th. I can't wait to see more of the new companion. I am rather intrigued by her story so far and I am so curious to see where it goes, she is fun. I have enjoyed her so far. I do miss Amy and Rory and boy did I cry, but I honestly loved the way they ended their story. Beautiful.Very well done.

Perhaps I should give you a taste of one of my stories, should I give you a taste from WOVaN 2 or The Experimental Sons? Or just something random? Hmmm.... choices.....

 Here is a small sample from WOVaN Vol. 2: Hunted



She turned around in the large room, peering at the dark crevasses of the wood walls. There was only a single light bulb in its glass decorative encasing on the ceiling in the center of the room, which left many shadows to play tricks on the mind. The smoothed log wood walls and polished flooring though sturdy gave little comfort of safety at this moment. She swore she heard a chuckle, a deep and in any other circumstance she might have considered it to be a sexy chuckle, but in the shadows of the room it sounded menacing. Dangerous.
“Who’s there?” She spun around again, wrapping her arms around herself. Long red hair spiraled out as she whirled around, a rippling red wave that floated down to rest at the middle of her back, natural near ringlets at the tips. She shivered in the chill of the unused room and her somewhat thin night clothes of lavender purple with spiraling white vines. She noted the window directly across from her was ajar, unsure how that happened, but too scared to go over and close it.
Creeeeek
The chuckle sprang from the shadows again, only on the other end of the room.
“This isn’t funny.” She gulped and spun around again on the verge of tears. This is an old house, it creaks a lot. It groans in the night, just the house she reminded herself. It is just the old house groaning in age. The mind can play tricks, that’s all there is to it. There is nothing hiding in the shadows that crawled from deep in the forest. No boogeyman under the forgotten unused bed. No ghost child about to pop out of nowhere, with something bleeding and dripping only to not be tangible and not land on the floor with a creepy evil expression to give her a heart attacked. Nothing in the shadows…
Creeeeek
She squeaked with a jump and bolted for the door.

End of Sample

Hope you enjoyed the Valentine's Day blog post, now I am going to go watch some new Big Bang Theory, (Love Leonard!) I have recently started watching this show and I have almost seen every episode now. I don't know why I didn't start watching this show sooner. Love it, so funny and full of geeky-ness! And to watch new Vampire Diaries (Damon is just yummy and I wouldn't mind being sired to him at all. Elena is crazy, I would never consider taking the cure if I had Damon and was a vampire.) And then perhaps to watch I Kissed a Vampire again for some vampire lovey dovey-ness on the day of love. Yay!

Hope you are having a good day!

~Nekodra
Twitter- @Nekodra
Fackbook fanpage- Link
WOVaN (Vampire short stories) - Link
Deviant Art- Link

No comments:

Post a Comment